has been working closely with youth who are underrepresented in academia and/or from disadvantaged backgrounds for over eight years to help them apply for and successfully complete college.
1) RISE Together
Race, Inclusion, Solutions and Excelling (RISE) Together is an evidence-driven training program designed to increase knowledge, collaboration, productivity, inclusiveness and morale in a multicultural space. The program has three tiers: a one-hour talk, a 5-hour training program and a three-day comprehensive training program.
2) Turn the Switch: College Readiness for Underrepresented and Disadvantaged Youth
Dr. Johnson delivers a powerful presentation to youth that inspires them to turn the switch, and fully commit to obtaining a college education. He has a developmentally appropriate talk for middle school students, high school students and adults.
Other talks and training programs
- Building Bridges: Overcoming Adversity and Moving Forward.
- How to teach race and racism, especially in hostile environments.
- How to recruit and retain extraordinary minority scholars.
- Introduction to Male Feminism and Ally-ship.
- Racial Inequalities.
- Introduction to Gender Inequalities.
- How to gain and change perspectives.
- How to Connect with Minority and Disadvantaged Youth